Luke is 1 month old! It’s really crazy how time flies. We’re thankful each day for such a precious miracle.
Here’s his current stats:
- Feedings are going really well. He’s up to 10mls per feed and is taking in 8 times a day. He’s getting 2 teaspoons of milk! We’re finally in the double digit zone!!
- I haven’t asked for his weight recently, but the most current one I have is 1lb,9oz. That could have changed since he was retaining water.
- He was back on a low dose Dopamine for water retention. It worked because he had a few good overflowing diapers the shift after.
- Blood Pressure was a little low last night. His MEAN was @ 11. His goal was 23. Since his blood pressure was low, he received his 5th blood transfusion last night.
- Since he’s growing a lot more, and his ET tube has been in for more than 3 weeks, there’s a leak around it [something that's expected.] They don’t want to take the tube out and re-insert, so his team is working really hard to keep it there until he’s ready to be weaned off the vent.
- He’s been using a lot more oxygen [60-70% range] yesterday – but after the transfusion, he’s back in the 30′s.
- He’s only getting blood gas tests [to check CO2 levels] once a day now. It used to be every 6 hours last week! Docs & RNs would adjust his Respiratory Rate depending on his results.
That’s all I have to report for now. We’re still trying to keep visitors at a minimum, but let us know when you’d like to visit and we’ll coordinate from there.
Thank you all again for your thoughts, love and prayers.
Prayers do work wonders!